The Addison PTA endorses Measure Z on the November ballot, to upgrade classrooms, science and engineering labs, and other school facilities in Palo Alto Unified School District. We live in one of the best school districts in California and the nation. Ten years ago, voters overwhelmingly approved the Strong Schools Bond Measure to fund improvements to aging schools. These projects were completed on time and on budget. However, this measure was only intended to address the first half of facility needs identified at that time.
Measure Z is the next step in the plan to upgrade our schools. Voting Yes on Z provides dedicated local funding to complete the next phase of repairs and improvements, so our schools remain safe, accessible and able to support 21st-century learning standards.
Ensure school facilities are accessible for students with disabilities and equitable for all.
Vote YES on Z to:
- Upgrade schools to current seismic safety standards to help keep students safe in an earthquake
- Complete needed repairs and renovations at school facilities by replacing aging roofs, plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation systems
- Increase school safety and security by upgrading re alarms, door locks and emergency communication systems to meet current standards
- Provide classrooms and labs to support up-to-date science, technology, engineering and robotics instruction
- Provide up-to-date facilities to maintain outstanding performing and visual arts programs
Measure Z Requires Strict Fiscal Accountability:
- By law, all funds must stay local and no money can be taken away by the State. No funds can be used for administrators’ salaries, pensions or benefits
- An independent citizens’ oversight committee and annual audits are mandatory to ensure funds are spent as promised.
Please join us in supporting the continued success of our students by voting Yes on Z.
The Addison community is an active one with lots of events, messages, initiatives, volunteer opportunities, and activities. To help keep everyone informed in the most effective way possible, the Addison PTA has been using a new communications platform called Konstella. This system allows the PTA to reach the school community digitally and on the go. The system has many features which we hope that you will take advantage of, such as committee signups, parent groups, calendaring, volunteer sign-ups and announcements.
To get started with Konstella, go to the website at here and select ‘Find Your School’ in the upper right hand corner and start to type out the first few letters of Addison and our school will automatically populate and you may proceed with the registration from there.
Mobile app registration
To register for the mobile app – download the iOS or Android App (Konstella), tap on “register”, enter the Addison invitation code (DU3NHT) and then tap on “join” in your confirmation email.
While we may still need to send home flyers, we hope that this new system will help ease the amount of paper used at school and streamline the number of emails you receive about Addison events and initiatives.
We look forward to keeping you informed and helping our community grow!
August 10, 2018
Dear Addison Family,
We hope you all had a summer filled with discovery, joy, and quality family time and are ready for an extraordinary 2018-2019 school year! Addison and it’s campus may look different as we undergo our renovation but our children and families will still be treated to the tremendous educational experience we have all come to know and love.
As your PTA President, I want to thank the teachers, staff, the PTA board, and countless volunteers who so cheerfully and indefatigably contributed so much energy and time toward making last year so exceptional. I would also like to let each and every one of you know that I am ALWAYS available to talk about any ideas, comments, or questions you have as we continually strive to make Addison even better. Your voice matters to us and we truly value every student and parent at Addison, so please feel free to come and find me after school.
We will continue to advocate for every student, teacher, and parent as our goal is to give all students every opportunity to succeed in school and in life! As a parent, coach, and former teacher it’s one of my most deeply held beliefs that the most important thing that we can do for our children is equip them with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to lead a healthy, happy, and meaningful life filled with joyous and useful contributions.
For Kindergarten families, this packet contains everything you need to start the year off on the right foot. For returning and Grades 1-5 families, the online version of the Back-to-School Info packet provides the same important info!
One major change for the PTA this year is payment options. In addition to submitting paper forms in the office, families are encouraged to use the online One-Payment Form for sign-ups and payments for all PTA items.
Thank you to the entire Addison community for making it such a special place for our children to grow, learn, and discover the wonderful opportunities around us all each and every day!
- First Day of School – Tuesday, August 14th Starting time for all grades is 8:15 a.m.
- Welcome Back to School Coffee – Tuesday, August 14th, 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. After dropping off your children, join other families on the school field for coffee and socializng.
- Back-to-School Night – Tuesday, August 28th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Meet your child’s teacher and learn more about what your child can expect in their new classroom this year.